We are proud to be a school that serves a diverse community. We are committed to equality in our work with children, our partnership with parents and our responsibilities as an employer:
• We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
• We want to make sure that our school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone.
• We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
• We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
• We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to pupils, parents/carers, and through our School Council.
• We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation
• We welcome our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations.
Equalities Objectives 2018-2019
• To collate and analyse data to ensure that any patterns and trends are identified.
• To use the data to target support and resources.
• To increase curriculum opportunities to develop awareness, respect, knowledge and understanding of diversity.
Click here for more information.