• Parents should be aware of what their child is doing online and talk regularly with them about it.
• Parents should enforce age limits.
12 years old: TikTok.
13 years old: Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and YouTube.
16 years old: WhatsApp.
• Children should be online in shared areas such as the kitchen or living room, not alone in private places such as their bedroom.
• Children need to be savvy. They should know how to report posts and people, how to unfollow and block people, how to delete and turn off comments.
• Children need trusted adults to advise them.
St Helens Monthly Online Safety Newsletters