• Parents should be aware of what their child is doing online and talk regularly with them about it.
• Parents should enforce age limits. Instagram, Facebook and YouTube are 13 years old; WhatsApp is 16 years old.
• Children should be online in shared areas such as the kitchen or living room, not alone in private places such as their bedroom.
• Children need to be savvy. They should know how to report posts and people, how to unfollow and block people, how to delete and turn off comments.
• Children need trusted adults to advise them.