Safeguarding and Pastoral Team
Debby Rigby: Headteacher
David Finney: Designated Safeguarding Lead
Clare Chippendale: Pastoral Care
We are a community. All of us, staff, governors, parents, families and pupils, have an essential role to play in making it safe and secure.
We recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children with their best interests at the centre of our work.
We recognise the importance of providing an ethos and environment within school that will help children to feel safe, secure and respected; encourage them to talk openly; and enable them to feel confident that they will be listened to.
We are alert to signs of abuse and neglect and follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
Our core safeguarding principles are:
• It is a whole school responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children as its paramount concern.
• All children regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection.
• All children have a right to be heard and to have their wishes and feelings taken into account.
• All staff understand safe professional practice and adhere to our code of conduct and other associated policies.
• All staff have a responsibility to recognise vulnerability in children and act on any concern in accordance with this guidance.
Safeguarding Policy: click here.
Safeguarding Leaflet for visitors: click here.
Prevent Leaflet for visitors: click here.
St Helens Safeguarding: click here.
Prevent: working together to prevent terrorism.
Childline: call 0800 1111 or click here.
Action for Children: click here.